Job Description: Copy Editor
Location: Washington DC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
New Frontier Data provides risk management solutions to investors, operators and policymakers in the cannabis industry via comprehensive data collection, rigorous analysis, and real time targeted business intelligence.
Founded in 2014, New Frontier Data is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
This DC-based cutting edge startup is currently looking to hire an experienced Copy Editor to support its growing report and tech initiatives.
A copy editor will be:
- Editing and proofreading report content for typographical and grammatical errors as well as verifying facts and figures.
- Develop and maintain templates, format and style guidelines, and other material, as needed. Adjust editing style to often changing rules and guidelines based on company’s need and preference and work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Support continuity of operations responsibilities, serving as the editor on-call during times to be determined.
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the marketing manager & marketing coordinator.
- Updating digital media, Websites, and Print copy.
- Knowledge of web content management systems such as word press.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Amending, revising or redeveloping marketing placements or campaigns in response to feedback from the colleagues.
- Overseeing assigned campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- When necessary, liaising with production companies, photographers, typographers, designers and printers.
- Keeping up to date with target audience culture and marketing trends.
- Assisting with monitoring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, specifically the effectiveness of the copy.
- Tailoring content type, amount, and voice to suit the media type.
- Creating focused and relevant content by working with subject matter experts or product owners.
- Improving content themes and projects that will generate or increase impact.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, focus in journalism or communications a plus.
- Experience with copy editing
- Experience in the newspaper or communications industry
- Attention to detail a must
- High level of accuracy and efficiency
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Experience designing and developing outreach materials on a variety of topics
- Commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- No relocation package
Application Process: QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ONLY MAY APPLY