Careers – Director of Marketing
New Frontier Data provides risk management solutions to investors, operators and policymakers in the cannabis industry via comprehensive data collection, rigorous analysis, and real time targeted business intelligence.
Founded in 2014, New Frontier Data is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
This DC-based cutting edge startup is currently looking to hire an experienced Director of Marketing to support its overall marketing initiatives. The position reports directly to the COO and has the potential to grow into a senior level position.
The position will report directly to the COO with career advancement opportunities to a C-level position.
- Work with COO to refine overall marketing strategy.
- Develop roadmap with quantifiable objectives and metrics to measure results.
- Create and manage marketing budget.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the marketing team.
- Work in conjunction with the COO/CRO to develop customer segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, to help maintain Company products competitive edge
- Work with Director of Product Development and sales team to develop effective messaging, collateral, promotions, and advertisement to improve customer targeting, increase adoption and maximize revenue generation.
- Oversee website development and maintenance
- Manage blog, newsletter, and social media efforts to ensure fresh and targeted content to increase traction / sign ups
- Manage and coordinate conference calendar/attendane and budget by identifying key conferences to attend, sponsor, and present at in support of key outreach sales and strategic efforts
- Work in support of sales team to develop and track key metrics around user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
- Work closely with our sales and marketing teams to help articulate the value and impact of company offerings to our target customer groups
- Drive campaign execution from strategic planning to implementation through all functional marketing areas as well as internal & external agencies.
- Gather and report on campaign results to showcase the value of our marketing efforts.
- Manage the creation of collateral for developing the internal and external distribution strategy of that content.
- Influence present and future product development by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Ensure brand consistency across all company material and efforts.
- Achieve budgetary objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Manage and mentor marketing team to sustain proper training, maintain high morale, and provide mentorship.
- Complete marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning tasks to team members.
- Lead by example by living the core values, be extremely detail oriented, following through with discipline and maintaining a positive attitude.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Intelligent, hard working, and tech savvy
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Openness and ability to be coached, passion for winning, persistence and determination
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong leadership skills with proven verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for technology, including using web based software and internet tools
- Willing to travel, sometimes internationally
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid understanding of brand marketing and client service/account management
- Experience with writing marketing and media presentations and presenting to clients
- The ability to be a Creative thinker and great teammate
- Strong proficiency in Power Point and Microsoft Office
- Organized, attention to detail
- Can manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, resourceful, and autonomous individual able to lead and manage his/her efforts with minimal supervision to meet business objectives
- Detail-oriented, analytical and highly organized individual able to set timelines, define milestones, and deliver accordingly
- Team player, respectful of others, with a high level of professional and personal integrity
- Problem solver not afraid to think outside of the box