Job Description: Senior Developer
Location: Washington DC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Compensation: Competitive, with possible stock incentive
New Frontier Data provides risk management solutions to investors, operators and policymakers in the cannabis industry via comprehensive data collection, rigorous analysis, and real time targeted business intelligence.
Founded in 2014, New Frontier Data is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
This DC-based cutting edge startup is currently looking to hire an experienced Senior Developer to support its growing tech initiatives. The position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Data Officer.
The Senior Developer will:
- Provide Full Agile development of web based/feed based enterprise solutions utilizing large scale tech stacks.
- Develop and integrate solutions using various open source architecture
- Collaborate with team to design new features and functionality
- Present solution and release information to the executives for various gatereviews
- Support security assessments as required
- Serve as a mentor to junior technical team
- Monitor progress against deliverables, employing effective risk and issuemanagement strategies
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all parties involved
- 8+ years as a technical lead or senior developer building multi-tier, enterprise web-based solutions using technologies/frameworks such as J2EE, MVC, JBoss, AMQP, RDBMS, cloud based instances
- 8+ years in one or more technical disciplines (e.g. architecture, process re-engineering, development, verification)
- 8+ years creating and modifying data structures to meet the application requirements
- Building strong customer relationships through Agile team(s) and personal performance
- 2 – 3 years supporting large scale data sets
- Collaborating in a multiple contractor environment
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, verbal and written. Includes theability to effectively communicate complex information to audiences with varying technical and system backgrounds and at multiple organizational levels
- Expertise in Secure Coding and Secure Development
- 3+ Years working with Hadoop (HDFS, KAFKA, STORM/SPARK,APACHE FLINK, HUE, HIVE, HBASE)
Required Programming Languages:
- OOP PHP (7)
- Advanced SQL experience
Desired Programming Languages:
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ONLY MAY APPLY