State of the Cannabis Union July 2019
- With Kansas now accepting low-THC/high-CBD products for limited medical purposes, 47 states have legalized some form of cannabis.
- Approximately 98.6% of U.S. citizens live in states permitting some form of cannabis.
- In the U.S. House of Representatives, 296 of 435 members (68%) represent medical or adult-use states.
- In the U.S. Senate, 22% of members represent adult-use states, increasing to 66% of medical-use states.
- Given increased social acceptance and the implications for jobs, taxes and social reform, cannabis legalization looms as a political issue in both the 2020 presidential and general elections.