POSITION TITLE: Senior Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
JOB TYPE: Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Professional to be responsible for a company’s financial procedures, records, and statements for compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist with monthly financial close process through preparation of GAAP financial statements, variance analysis and account reconciliations while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and other financial improvements.
- Assist with preparation of the financial statements and reports for periodic reporting to Management.
- Prepare documentation for External Audits as requested by the Controller.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and accurate monthly account reconciliations and ledger maintenance.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing monthly spending reports (actual vs. budget) and reviewing with Management.
- Supervise Accounts receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll processing activities
- Special projects as needed
- Assist with external audits
- General ledger account analysis
- Assist in preparing the documentation and testing of compliance with established policies processes regarding internal controls with respect to financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5-10 years of professional accounting experience
- Prior experience with QuickBooks
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Familiarity with financial reporting/general ledger software
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Good judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organization, resourcefulness, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with staff and clients
- Strong attention to detail
- CPA preferred
- Corporate accounting experience a plus
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Driven, resourceful, and autonomous individual able to lead and manage his/her efforts with minimal supervision to meet business objectives
- Detail-oriented, analytical and highly organized individual able to set timelines, define milestones, and deliver accordingly
- Team player, respectful of others, with a high level of professional and personal integrity
- Problem solver not afraid to think outside of the box