Canada is fast becoming the world’s leading cannabis market. It has a national legalized medical cannabis program, flourishing medical cannabis importing and exporting programs, and a fully federally legal, adult-use program tentatively set to launch on July 1, 2018. Given all of that activity, the market’s rapid expansion has drawn intense interest from both investors and operators. The escalating activity in Canada raises key questions addressed in this report:
- Is Canada the market of choice for investment?
- Total Canadian Domestic Market Demand?
- Is the Medical Market Still Viable?
- Canada’s Role as a Global Exporter?
- Shift in Consumer Product Preferences?