Download Executive Summary*Digital access comes with printing capability.
*Fulfillment may take up-to 1 business day.
With the cannabis industry forecasted to grow at a compounded annual rate of 29% over the next four years, the spectrum of investment opportunities available to investors are expected to grow significantly. The 2016 Cannabis Investor Study looks at insights from a survey of members of the Arcview Investor Network, a private forum for high net worth accredited investors to access, evaluate, and collaborate on cannabis related investment opportunities. The study offers perspectives from these insiders about the major trends within the investor community and how investors view the evolution of the cannabis industry.
Key insights in this study include:
- Investors are most interested in the ancillary commercial products followed by edibles and infused products.
- Nine in ten investors are interested in medical and adult use markets
- At the state level, interest is highest in California (57%) and Colorado (37%)
- 64% of investors expressed interest in the Canadian market
- Preferred stock is the favored deal structure for 76% of Arcview Investor Network members, followed by convertible debt at 73%.
- 65% of investors made their first investment in 2014 or later, and 71% expect to invest more in 2016 than they did in 2015.