New Frontier’s quarterly reports explore broad trends and narrowly defined aspects of the industry. This report predicts that the total addressable marked for cannabis between 2016 and 2020 will be $49.7 billion, with revenues in 2020 alone projected at $15.2 billion. It also looks at the five key drivers of legalization and six markets to watch.
- Growth in public support among key demographic groups.
- The high cost and uneven enforcement of marijuana laws.
- The health care crisis facing the U.S.
- The expansion of marijuana laws to key strategic states.
- The evolving research into marijuana’s effect on the body.
Markets to watch: Colorado, Washington, California, Arizona, Nevada, and Washington, D.C.
* Published June 2015