Last revised: March 24, 2016
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com
Information Gathered and Tracked by FFG
WHAT INFORMATION/DATA DO WE GATHER?
FFG gathers two general types of data about from our website users:
(i) general access and usage tracking information, and
(ii) limited personal information about the user.
We also may use either our own or third party analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific web pages or take specific actions on our group of websites to allow us to provide focused marketing and advertising to our users.
In addition to the cookies described above as used by FFG, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our web sites, other third party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for marketing and advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon their websites you visit, or other purposes. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party advertisers and vendors or any third party linked websites.
You may disable or adjust the ability to accept new cookies on our group of websites by adjusting your browser's settings regarding cookies by selecting "Internet Options" or "Preferences" in the menu bar of your browser.
Personal information is provided by users when registering as a general user of the group of websites on our free registration access or when registering as a subscriber to one of our one-off services or ongoing subscription services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests, completing surveys, participating in blogs or through any marketing flows.
Registering for Usage of FFG's Group of Websites
Currently, we do not require users to officially register or become paying members of FFG's services in order to have access to the free commentary, analysis and news available on its group of websites. However, if you would like to use certain features you may have to register and pay for certain privileged access.
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address. You will be provided with a randomly generated password which will be sent to you via your registered email address.
Subscribing to Our For Pay Services
If you would like access to one or more of our for pay one-off or subscription-based services, you will need to supply us with the information specified to activate your free trial (of applicable) or paid subscription. This may include credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on our servers.
Other Possible Personal Information Collection:
- White Papers - We may offer white papers on various topics in the Cannabis industry and related topics. In order to access these types of reports, you may be required to enter your email address, phone number and/or some additional personal information.
- Blogs - We may offer blogs featuring running commentary on the Cannabis industry by some of our most popular contributors. These blogs allow users to respond to a blogger's commentary or to another user's post. Today or in the future access to some blogs may require a paid subscription to one of our services. We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any positions held in securities they discuss in any comment. Please note that information submitted to the blogs will be available for any user of that service to read, and is no longer private.
- Surveys/Polls - At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information relevant to the Cannabis industry. Such polls are solely for the editorial use of the individual columnists, and participation is voluntary but all results are owned by FFG.
- Limited Time Promotions - We may offer limited time promotions for which certain personal information is required for registration, for purposes of verifying the users' identities.
SO HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- To improve the users' experiences on our group of websites, including the display of the most relevant information to our users;
- To always make available quality and relevant content;
- To operate, maintain and update our group of websites and our Services;
Do we share your Information?
FFG does not sell or disclose personal information about you to third parties, except to the extent necessary to provide you with products or services you request, provided we have obtained your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- If required by law enforcement or similar agencies or organization, in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with such legal proceeding;
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- We provide the information on a confidential and limited basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
WHAT ABOUT INFORMATION A USER PROVIDED IN PUBLIC FORUMS?To the extent that any blogs, chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups are available to you through our group of websites, any information disclosed in these areas becomes publicly available information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You must exercise reasonable discretion, care and caution when disclosing any of your personal information in a public forum and you assume the full risk of doing the same.
WHAT IF MY INFORMATION IN INACCURATE OR CHANGE?
If you need to update your registration information, you may contact our customer service department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FFG maintains a policy to limit access to users' personal information to only those our employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide you the best products or services. We do maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federally accepted and, where applicable, mandated standards to guard our users' personal information. However, as we all know, no security system is guaranteed. We do not guarantee or warranty the safety and security of our servers or that any information that you may supply to us through our group of websites will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.