Last updated: 10/17/18
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION/DATA DO WE GATHER?
FFG gathers two types of data from our Websites’ users:
- general access and usage tracking information.
- limited personal information about a user such as name, email address, and billing address if making a purchase or subscribing to a product or service.
feature using a simple procedure available in most browsers. If you block cookies, however, you may lose some website functionality.
contain user passwords. We employ technology that is commonly referred to as “action tags” (also known as “web beacons,” “scripts” or “one pixel .gif files”) to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements.
We may use either our own or third-party analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific web pages or take specific actions on our Websites to allow us to provide focused marketing and advertising to our users.
In addition to the cookies described above as used by FFG, its agents, advertisers, and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our Websites, other third-party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for marketing and advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon their websites you visit, or other purposes. We cannot be, and are not, responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party advertisers and vendors or any third-party linked websites.
You may disable or adjust the ability to accept new cookies on our Websites by adjusting your browser’s settings regarding cookies by selecting “Internet Options” or “Preferences” or similar as applicable in the menu bar of your browser.
You may provide personal information when registering as a general user of the Websites on our free registration access or when registering as a subscriber to one of our one-off products or services, or ongoing subscription products or services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests, completing surveys, participating in blogs, or through any marketing flows.
REGISTERING FOR USAGE OF FFG’S WEBSITES
Currently, we do not require users to officially register or become paying members of FFG’s products or services in order to have access to the free commentary, analysis, and news available on its Websites. However, if you would like to use certain features you may have to register and pay for privileged access.
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address. You will be provided with a randomly generated password which will be sent to you via your registered email address.
SUBSCRIBING TO OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
If you would like access to one or more of our one-off or subscription-based products or services, you will need to supply us with the information specified to activate your free trial (if applicable) or paid subscription. This may include credit card or other payment account information which is sent in encrypted form directly to the payment gateway. We do not store credit card details on our servers.
OTHER POSSIBLE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
- White Papers – We may offer white papers on various topics in the cannabis industry and related topics. In order to access these types of reports, you may be required to enter your email address, phone number, and/or some additional personal information.
- Blogs – We may offer blogs featuring running commentary on the cannabis industry by some of our most popular contributors. These blogs allow users to respond to a blogger’s commentary or to another user’s post. Today, or in the future, access to some blogs may require a paid subscription to one of our products or services. We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any positions held in securities they discuss in any comment. Please note that information submitted to the blogs will be available for any user of that service to read, and is no longer private.
- Surveys/Polls – At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information relevant to the cannabis industry. Such polls are solely for the editorial use of the individual columnists, and participation is voluntary but all results are owned by FFG.
- Limited Time Promotions – We may offer limited time promotions for which certain personal information is required for registration, for purposes of verifying the users’ identities.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- To improve the users’ experiences on our Websites, including the display of the most relevant information to our users.
- To always make available quality and relevant content.
- To operate, maintain, and update our Websites, products, and services.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
FFG does not sell or disclose personal information about you to third parties, except to the extent necessary to provide you with products or services you request, provided we have obtained your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- If required by law enforcement or similar agencies or organization, in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with such legal proceeding.
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- We provide the information on a confidential and limited basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software, or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
WHAT ABOUT INFORMATION A USER PROVIDED IN PUBLIC FORUMS?
To the extent that any blogs, chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups are available to you through our Websites, any information disclosed in these areas becomes publicly available information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You must exercise reasonable discretion, care, and caution when disclosing any of your personal information in a public forum and you assume the full risk of doing the same.
WHAT IF MY INFORMATION IS INACCURATE OR CHANGES?
If you need to update your registration information, you may contact our customer service department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FFG maintains a policy to limit access to users’ personal information to only those our employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide you the best products or services. We do maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federally accepted and, where applicable, mandated standards to guard our users’ personal information.