The Generational Divide: How Comfortable Are you with A Cannabis Business In Your Neighborhood?
According to New Frontier Data’s 2017 Cannabis Consumer Survey:
- Most adults (55%) believe cannabis should be legalized, regulated and taxed like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Only 9% believe that cannabis should remain illegal.
- Adults 18-35 year olds are 10% more likely to support personal cultivation, retail cannabis shops, delivery services, and online ordering services operating in their neighborhoods.
- Although a strong majority support cannabis legalization overall, slightly less than half the respondents said they were somewhat or very comfortable with these cannabis activities occurring in their neighborhood.
- These findings underscore the importance of cannabis retail operators gaining community buy-in and being active, positive contributors in their neighborhoods.