Colorado’s Adult-Use Sales Soar 2x Upward
- Colorado’s Department of Revenue released its updated 2019 (Jan.-May) Marijuana Sales Reports and its Marijuana Enforcement Division: 2018 Annual Update.
- While comparative shares of overall legalized cannabis sales have favored the adult-use market over the medical market since 2017, the gap has widened.
- For the first time, overall sales of adult-use cannabis more than doubled all medical-use sales.
- Among combined legalized sales statewide in 2018, 66% of the total weight of cannabis flower and 86% of the total units of edibles sold were for adult use.
- In 2018 overall, Colorado’s cannabis industry saw a record $1.55 billion in sales. So far in 2019 (ending May), sales totaled $665.6 million.