9 Cannabis Consumer Archetypes
- New Frontier Data’s latest release examines nine distinct consumer types based on particular consumer habits, preferences and experiences.
- The categories are classified by respective rates of usage: heavy consumers, moderate consumers, and light consumers.
- Consumer types include: Traditional Lifestylers, Modern Lifestylers, and Functional Dependents; Medical Purists, Weekend Enthusiasts, and Discreet Unwinders; and Social Opportunists, Silver Dabblers, and Infrequent Conservatives.
- The categories are further distinguished by market share, ranging from 17% to 5% of the industry’s consumers.
- At 10%, Modern Lifestylers represent ideal clientele by purchasing from businesses (instead of private sources) and consuming the widest variety of product types.
- At 17%, Social Opportunists are the largest consumer group, yet are the least likely to purchase their own cannabis.