Among Largest U.S. Markets, Most Demand Is Still Met By Illicit Supplies
- These 10 states make up 57.9% and 57.7% of all illicit supply that is demanded in the U.S. in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
- The total estimated supply required to support the U.S. cannabis industry in 2019 is 29.8 million pounds, projecting to 34.4 million pounds (up 15.4%) by 2025.
- In 2019, 18.2% of the total U.S. supply comes from legal markets.
- California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois, respectively, have the largest amounts of illicit supply per state.
- Most of an illicit market’s supply is imported from other states.
- The largest exporting state is California, followed by Oregon, Washington, Florida, Colorado, and Hawaii.