U.S. Preferences For Cannabis-Infused Products
- Infused-cannabis products represent 14% of U.S. sales as the third most-popular form of cannabis behind flower and vape, respectively (Q1-20).
- Solid edibles (led by gummies) comprise >90% of the top-selling infused products.
- Sales of infused products have risen in most states, reportedly after the EVALI and COVID-19 health crises discouraged consumers from vapor and combustible products.
- Infusion advancements appeal to consumers seeking quality ingredients, precisely accurate dosing, faster onset times, and more predictably consistent experiences.
- The 2020 U.S. market for cannabis-infused products projects to nearly $3 billion, up ~40% over 2019.