Change in Cannabis Use Since Outbreak of COVID-19
- Among all cannabis consumers, 29% reported increasing their use since the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Medical consumers (39%) were more likely than recreational consumers (23%) to report doing so.
- Nearly one-third (31%) of all consumers reported changing their social consumption, no longer joining others.
- While more than four in 10 (41%) of consumers reported being “extremely or very concerned” about contracting COVID-19, a quarter fewer (30%) said they were “a little or not at all” concerned.
- Meantime, more than eight in 10 (81%) are “extremely or very concerned” about the economic impacts from COVID-19, while 6% cited being “a little or not at all” concerned.
- Should access to their regular sources be cut off during the pandemic, 45% of consumers reported that they would seek alternative supplies.